Currently, the SITU team are working remotely but in the near future, we plan to have implemented a hybrid working pattern that will fully support the hard-working efforts of each of our staff members.
Founded by Phil Stapleton in 2008 with a vision to offer an alternative to hotels, today SITU is a global serviced accommodation business focusing on delivering a blended booking experience, through the perfect combination of people, product and technology.
To revolutionise how serviced accommodation is booked.
- We work with passion
- We act with integrity
- We have boundless ambition.
OUR MISSION & CULTURE
Our market advantage is built on the perfect blend of people, product and technology, which allows us to:
- Support and nurture our SITU family, empowering our team to deliver unforgettable service.
- Source and offer the widest range of quality serviced accommodation options in the marketplace.
- Create the right blend of unique technology to support all stakeholder requirements.
We are the SITU family. Dysfunctional at times, but mostly cohesive, filled with a range of personalities we all pull in the same direction. We love working hard and playing hard and our sense of fun is part of who we are.
THE JOB PURPOSE
This is a HR generalist role which involves working closely with the Board of Directors in a rapidly growing business. The main purpose of this role is to ensure the delivery of an exceptional people-focused service. The HR Manager will provide strategic and operational HR support across the business, acting as an ambassador and custodian of the SITU culture, whilst proactively looking to develop this in imaginative and forward-thinking ways. The right person will help to set the business apart as a distinctive, people-orientated organisation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- To lead and manage the Human Resource function.
- They will build strong relationships with key business partners, establish clear accountabilities, and ensure that value-added HR activities are delivered, operating as a member of the Senior Management team.
- Work with senior management to develop and implement HR strategies to support the delivery of business objectives.
- Be pro-active in the formulation of options and proposals to further the strategic objectives and company policies.
- Anticipate the changing needs of the business and drive the active management and development of talent, both current and future.
- Review, devise and develop policies, procedures and practices which identify the company as progressive, modern, and well-run, providing clarity, flexibility and innovation to support the management of all employees.
- Act as a coach and source of advice on performance management and individual/team development.
- Assist the HR team with day-to-day HR queries as they arise and lead any complex casework.
- Devise and deliver an effective employee relations strategy including the on-going review, development and implementation of management policies and processes.
- Proactively support health and well-being, taking an active lead in promoting positive mental health practices and link to appropriate support as required.
- Work on a range of people projects as required.
- Oversee the development and implementation of bespoke learning and development strategy which reflects the Company’s priorities and enables and supports learning to promote our culture.
- Employee engagement – coaching on best practice and reviewing procedure.
- Develop the company’s commitment to equal opportunities and promote non-discriminatory practises in all aspects of work undertaken.
- Educated to degree level and/or CIPD Level 5 minimum or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in a generalist role and a proven track record of successfully managing HR processes.
- Good understanding of employment law and its application.
- Previous experience in a rapid growth environment.