Founded by Phil Stapleton in 2008 with a vision to offer an alternative to hotels, today SITU is a global serviced accommodation business focusing on delivering a blended booking experience, through the perfect combination of people, product and technology.
What is our Vision?
To revolutionise how serviced accommodation is booked.
What are our Values?
- We work with passion
- We act with integrity
- We have boundless ambition.
What are our Mission and Culture?
Our market advantage is built on the perfect blend of people, product and technology, which allows us to:
- Support and nurture our SITU family, empowering our team to deliver unforgettable service.
- Source and offer the widest range of quality serviced accommodation options in the marketplace.
- Create the right blend of unique technology to support all stakeholder requirements.
We are SITU. Filled with a range of personalities, all pulling in the same direction. We work and play hard and our sense of fun is part of who we are.
To support the Technology team by delivering high-quality software solutions to the problems presented in a timely manner, including issues reported by our users (both external and Internal) and supporting the rest of the team to do the same.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Develop web-based applications that further the business goals that adhere to SOLID, DRY and KISS principles.
- Resolve Issues reported by the team that use our applications.
- Contribute to improving the team’s implementation of Scrum.
- Support Technology team members to achieve their goals.
- Promote the migration of legacy systems to modern scalable and testable architectures.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Accurate estimation of tasks.
- Delivery of Bugs and User Stories on time and free from defects.
- Write testable code.
- Actively engage in Scrum process to increase team velocity.
- Support team members in achieving their goals.
- Keep servers live and updated.
- 10+ years of development experience.
- Strong knowledge of relational database design.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Needs to have the ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- 28 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) pro-rata, increasing with length of service.
- Workplace pension - employer contribution increasing with length of service.
- Subscription to online benefits and discount package.
- Regular nights out and invites to Company events.
- Being part of the dynamic and fast-growing alternative accommodation industry.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Two 'reset' days per annum.
- Additional day off for your birthday.
- A nice bunch of people to work with!